The Coalition to Preserve Rehabilitation (CPR) is a coalition of national consumer, clinician and membership organizations with the goal of preserving access to rehabilitation services. CPR will advocate for policies that ensure access to rehabilitative care so that individuals with disabilities, injuries or chronic conditions may regain and/or maintain their maximum level of independent function.
Most Recent Advocacy Efforts
August 13, 2019
- Letter to OCR: CPR Comment Letter on Proposed Rule – Nondiscrimination in Health and Health Education Programs or Activities. 24 CPR members signed on.
August 12, 2019
- Letter to CMS: CPR Comment Letter on Request for Information – Reducing Administrative Burden to Put Patients over Paperwork. 25 CPR members signed on.
May 6, 2019
- Letter to CMS: CPR Comment Letter on Sale of Insurance Across State Lines RFI. 24 CPR Members signed on.
March 1, 2019
- Letter to CMS: CPR Comment Letter on Medicare Advantage Part D Draft CY 2020 Call Letter. 27 CPR Members signed on.
December 21, 2018
- Letter to CMS: CPR Comment Letter on Recent Updates to Guidance for Section 1332 Waivers, State Relief and Empowerment Waivers. CPR Steering Committee Letter.
- Letter to Members of the House of Representatives: Please Sign On to Bipartisan House Letter to CMS Administrator Seema Verma Regarding Use of Prior Authorization in Medicare Advantage Plans. 29 CPR Members signed on.
- Letter to CMS: CPR Comment Letter on FY 2019 IRF Proposed Rule (CMS-1688-P). CPR Steering Committee Letter.
- Letter to HHS: Need for Functional Outcome Quality Measures to Prevent Stinting on Patient Care in the Bundled Payments for Care Improvement (BPCI)—Advanced Initiative. 43 CPR, ITEM Coalition, and Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities (CCD) Members signed on.
- Letter to HHS, Treasury, and Labor: CPR Comment Letter on Short-Term, Limited-Duration Insurance (RIN 0938-AT48). 24 CPR Members signed on.
- Letter to CMS: Extensive Use of Prior Authorization in Medicare Advantage Plans Restricts Access to Medical Rehabilitation for Medicare Beneficiaries. 29 CPR Members signed on.
- Letter to Department of Labor: Public Comments on Association Health Plans and the Definition of “Employer” under Section 3(5) of ERISA (RIN 1210-AB85). 22 CPR Members signed on.
- Letter to CMS: 2019 Medicare Advantage and Part D Advance Notice Parts I and II and Draft Call Letter: Ensuring Access to Medical Rehabilitation Services. 28 CPR Members signed on.